First of all, it's a new semester and no matter what lies ahead of me, I always experience some major anxiety about getting to class on time, working out my schedule (more on that in a minute) and just getting adjusted. I'm a senior but thoughts like "will I be able to find my classess", "will I be able to handle the homework load" and "how will I survive?!" run through my brain for the first few days.
Why I'm wrighting, though, is because today I'm just tickled at how the Lord is so mindful of me and how important my silly schedule and my sanity seem to be for Him because I'm important to Him, even though they seem trivial. I'm just reminded today how important it is for me to be here in school right now and how, looking back and forward, my schooling and experiences have completely been guided. For example I chose my major early-ish on in my schooling because I liked the classes i would get to take and because I could do a variety of careers with it someday if I could ever find something to suite me.
Three years later I go to a physics 101 class and in the second week sit by a guy who starts asking me about my major and my internship plans. I had never planned to do an internship because I didn't know anyone to do it with and I didn't know what direction I wanted to go with my schooling, if any (when asked what I wanted to do the only answer I could give was "graduate). So he told me he works for a physical therapist and I should do my internship there. I put in a resume, he put in a good word, and I started it in December. I LOVE it more than I've loved doing anything in my whole life.
I feel like it fits my strengths and education and personality so well. I love that I get to work one on one with people and help them heal and know cool stuff about the body (which I've also loved learning) and just everything. What I'd really like to do is be a pediatric physical therapist. I know I've only gotten a taste of the job and I know there's more schooling and hardship to come. I feel like a 4 year old who wants to be an astronot--it seems so impossible and so reachable at the same time.
Anyways, I also giggle today because of how well my school schedule has worked out with better classes and better timing than I had planned, it just took a little work, a little prayer, and a little faith.
2 comments:
I was always the same way about school - even as a senior in college, I was still a little nervous about the first few days of school and how everything would turn out. Reading your entry made me a little bit sad that I'm not in school any more (but not TOO sad).
It is definitely true that our Heavenly Father cares about the little things in our lives. If it's a big deal to us, He knows and helps.
I didn't know about your new job. That is great that you are enjoying it so much! I'm way excited for you and can't wait to see what the future holds for you two.
That's awesome..I loved hearing about your thoughts, hope, blessings and dreams...
Post a Comment