Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baby #2 is a...a...

I tried really really hard not to get my heart set on one gender or the other this time. REALLY hard. I just couldn't help it. I had some anxiety leading up to this ultra sound. I was afraid I would be disappointed and someday have my child find out we hoped they were something else. So when we walked into the Dr's office my heart was beating and my palms were sweating. We met the tech and she chatted a bit. She asked if we were checking for gender and if we had any guesses. Troy and I had the same guess and told her we said we might make her double check. I laid back, she poured the gel, typed in some info into the computer, and set the machine to work. Within a minute she said, "well, I won't have to double check...." and Troy and I, being slow minded in our anxious state both thought "really? it's that obviously not what we'd hoped?" and she said "it's definitely a boy!" Really? REALLY? I mean, who actually gets what they hoped for two kids in a row? We were, and still are, thrilled... just tickled, really.
And now to spend minimal time on the most important thing about the ultrasound- everything looked really really good. All his organs, bones, etc look great and he's measuring right on. But really, I love that I can call our little "it" a "he" now!

3 comments:

Aaron and Camile said...

I've been wondering, but I've been out of the blogging world so long I didn't even think to look here! I'm so excited for you guys, and glad you got what you were hoping for! It happened for us three times in a row, so maybe wishing does something...

Aaron and Camile said...

Actually this (and the last comment) are me, Camile. It always makes me giggle a little to picture Aaron saying the things I write. ;)

Alison and Troy said...

Sorry, Camile, we called and left a message on Aaron's phone the day we found out. I guess you didn't get it.