Tuesday, July 5, 2011

21.097494 kilometers

My mom and I did a half marathon in Island park this weekend. It was hard but it was fun! And I'm super proud to say we jogged the whole thing-no walking.... go us! Our time was 2:37 minutes which isn't bad considering the high altitude and the rough dirt trail and that it was our first time. The most fun was training- going jogging with my mom 3 times a week and having a set goal to get us out of bed each time. So, even though we got passed by some old ladies (who totally cheated) and came in almost last, we had a great time and will probably do it again someday.


Before:














After:

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Woo hoo! You go girl! I would love to do this with you next year!

Armoredshoes said...

way to go.

Mychelle said...

Good Job! We need to start running together again now that I'm home.

Nancy said...

Awesome job Alie!! Those half marathons are hard, but fun!

Alexie said...

Go Team! (says curtis...i don't run)