Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day

We had such a fun and busy 4th! Troy had to work most of the day but Rocky and I made it to the parade. He liked the first few minutes of it with the fire engine sirens and horses going on.


















It was a good parade but honestly, if you've been to one Rexburg parade you've been to them all but it was fun and I love going to it (although the chocolate milk truck didn't make it this year... too bad :( ) Hey! it's the gang on their bikes in the parade for Sign Design.














Eventually Rocky got bored and started stealing people's chairs.














Then we went to a picnic at Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Leon's house. I didn't get any pictures of the actual BBQ. This kid is so attracted to dirt. I think he can smell it a mile away. He's playing with his cousin James














We took an afternoon nap, got some work done and had another BBQ next door (no pics) By then we missed the rodeo and were to tired to make it to the Rexburg Fireworks (arguably not worth the 5 minute trip). So we put Rocky to bed and were trying to figure out what to do next when we hear fireworks close by. Our good friends the Keeleys down the street were setting of fireworks so we grabbed the baby monitor and joined them.














I had fun playing with our camera's night portrait setting. not bad. I look like I'm in pain and Troy looks like he doesn't want his picture taken (probably because he doesn't) BUT it's a fun setting.














Thanks Keeleys!
Woah! this picture looks cool!














Troy doing his patented fire dance.














What a great country to celebrate. Happy Independence Day everyone!

2 comments:

Armoredshoes said...

haha, rocky stealing chairs. thanks for taking the picture of us on the bikes as well.

Nancy said...

Ooo...I like the sparkler pictures! And the one of Rocky stealing the chair is hilarious! I'm glad you had a good 4th!