Saturday, May 28, 2011

In the Trailerhood

I've always wanted to do a kind of block party in our neighborhood so when other neighbors expressed an interest I jumped on it and surprisingly became the driving force behind it (i'm usually the following force) A bunch of young couples in our trailerhood got together and we had a barbeque!

Here's the men firing up the grill

















The Women chatting while the men fire up the grill

















We told people "bring your own meat and something to share" and it turned out really well. Some desserts, some drinks, and some chips. Perfect! The only glitch was we didn't assign anyone to bring forks or cups.

































I was really surprised and happy that everyone came, especially since it was so windy. It was so much fun to get to know some of the new and old couples in our street. There was even talk about doing again soon!




P.S. Thanks Fred and Nita for letting us use your grill and front yard

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Funnn!!! Can we come next time too!? Because I'm dying for some grilled meat and some good friend time!

Heather said...

Sounds so much fun. I'm glad you guys did and you totally should do it again!

Jan said...

I'm so proud of you - way to go!