Sunday, April 3, 2011
The Immortalization
This is the project we did for the drawing room under the department. So that means I didn't have to pay for it! the purpose was to have something more life like to draw. And so I can make cool masks for myself. The process was to use a skin safe silicone for the infant mold. Then attach floss across the transversal plane held onto the silicone by Vaseline to split the plaster just before it sets up completely. Then gypsum strips are placed for structure and strength for the mother mold. Note that a spine is formed over my nose to allow me to continue to breath while not compromising the structural integrity of the mother mold (plaster shell). After everything had set up, we cut on the seam of the infant mold and pulled it off. Even though I used a mold release on my skin, it still clung to it. Infact it took a lot of eyebrow and lash hairs off in the infant mold. I poured plaster into the mold after and the hairs came out on to the plaster mold giving it eyebrow and lashes, but i'll have to upload pictures of that later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are going to have a hard time saying no when your kids want to do crazy messy projects!
yeah, except i'll probably encourage them to do it in the first place..
Post a Comment