Troy left me for Canada last weekend and didn't get home until tuesday night (meaning 3:00 am Wednesday!) and for some reason I wasn't on the work schedule for monday or tuesday... So, left to my own devices I started painting the baby's room (disclaimer: I know the baby doesn't care what color his bedroom is, but it's a whole lot easier to think about painting than about having a kid, so I did for a while). Well, I went a little crazy being by myself and all of a sudden my plan for stripes on the walls wasn't good enough. With Heidi and Sarah's help (and the trusty rusty internet) I came up with something better: argyle. Let me tell you how to do it so you can replicate it in 5 easy steps:
Step one: lose your mind. This step is necessary because you just decided to paint argyle. That's right, diamonds-lots of them. Estimated time: 10 seconds
Step 2: Paint the whole room one color. Any color. I chose green. Troy chose blue. Now the whole house is blue. Estimated time with drying time: 1 day
Step 3: measure, tape, paint, wait; tape, paint, wait.

Step 4: Cry. Estimated time: 15 minutes
Step 5: Repeat steps 3-4 until all diamonds are done and enjoy! (after the touch-ups, of course)Estimated time: forever (about 3 more days)
(I know, lovely picture. I told you I was by myself for 5 days and looked it)

Troy finally came home and helped out. It was nice to have some company and help. It went a lot smoother though the effects of the weekend were obvious as I talked his ear off the whole time, poor guy.

Tah-dah! Was it worth it? I don't know yet. Let me just tell you that when we move, the room is coming with us. I don't think I'll ever do it again.
4 comments:
I think it looks great! Although I will never put forth the effort to do something like that. But good job! You are a much cooler mom than I am already...my kid's room isn't that cool.
OH MY WORD you are AMAZING!! I would have never thought argyle was even possible to paint, but holy cow it looks so good! I love it! However, I do not love the fact that the only picture I have seen of you in about forever is of your back. Unfair. I don't care how I get them, but I am going to need some updated pictures of my favorite prego lady soon...please. :) I love you Alie (and unborn fetus)
Amazing! You guys are great painters! We are not so much. What fun idea to do argyle!
That turned out awesome! Good job!
Post a Comment