Sunday, March 8, 2009


I am in the process of getting certified in Scuba Diving. This here was at Belmont hot springs in Utah. the water was 91 degrees and it was about 40 degrees out of the water. I have one more week and then I get my certification.

The only time that you can swim here is in the winter, because in the summer it gets over 100 degrees in the water.

The hot spring has a sunken/floating platform out in the middle of the spring. the platform is suspended up on these chains and 100 gallon drums. the actual platform is about 20 feet down, and with the amount of elevation it technically counts as a 30 ft dive to the platform. You can dive down another 10 or 15 feet but the water would burn you. And if you fancy the idea of that, you might as well take some potatos, cabbage, and salt down with you while you're at it. hopefully that doesn't sound to good to anyone 'cause that's just wrong.
Here is another study for head sculpture, it took a total of 6 hours to do this particular study.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's so cool! I would like to certify someday...Charles would probably like to do it too.

Camile said...

Way cool sculpture! I love the hair.

That's neat that your getting certified in scuba diving. And no, cabbage, and potatoes doesn't sound too good underwater! ha ha!