We all caught a few but let most of them go. These are the ones we kept and toted around the whole morning. Aren't fish disgusting? I hate them.
Ok, everyone has their fishing stories, and now I have one and I'm so excited. I caught a fish my first cast, a smallish one, then another one we let go. Then I didn't catch any and moved down river where I still didn't catch any. Then Leon came down river, but a new worm on my hook (I couldn't get the hang of it for the life of me. And it was so nasty I just couldn't) And he said "you better brace your feet because this is it, you're gonna catch a huge one". So I cast twice, and the third time I looked at him and said "Ok, this is it" I cast and caught the biggest fish of the day! It was 17 1/2 inches long. It was so exciting. (this was the good picture after I made all sorts of faces at how gross it was, but I was still way excited) After a few more hours of fishing we built a fire and cooked most of them right there on the bank. I hate fish, but this tasted soooo good. Thanks Leon for taking us!
1 comment:
That's so cool Alie - sounds like a fun experience! I'm not sure if I've ever caught a fish myself. I have been fishing before, but if I ever caught one it was so long ago that I can't remember.
Post a Comment