Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Adventure Picture Overload

The neighbor's Cat in our House
Not our cat. But him and Rocky are friends. This picture makes me laugh

The Zoo
 We went to the zoo. Rocky didn't like the petting zoo. We had fun but he mostly just ran around

He didn't like the pig either. He didn't want to get near it at all





He's feeding the tiger wood chips. I thought it was pretty clever.


Otto slept. He's a pretty good sleeper, I guess since this is him during most of our activities.

Sleeping Adventures
This is how Otto takes most of his naps. In the living room on his tummy. He sleep on his back in his crib at night but for some reason not so much during the day.



We tried to transition Rocky slowly into a toddler bed by taking off the side of his crib. It didn't work too well as you can see by these next two pictures. Finally we just put his mattress on the ground so we could put Otto in the crib. It took about two weeks but now we're all finally getting some sleep



Who's Kid is This?

He's ALL boy. He loves tools, trucks, and balls. He's all boy but not in the same way his action-hero loving daddy is


If you can't tell, he pounded the nail into his straw.



Parson Family Reunion

For the Parson reunion this year we went up to Island Park and stayed at the South Family's Family Reunion Center. It's huge with 10 bedrooms around the perimeter, 20 twin size beds in the loft, four bathrooms, two game rooms and a movie room. It was awesome!


I had to take a picture since I don't see Troy in the kitchen much. He told me not to get used to it.


Rocky in the loft. Since it's a dome and the loft goes clear around the dome, the kids used it as an indoor track and ran and around and around. Here's Rock taking a short break.


He had SO much fun with his cousins. Here we caught  a burst of enthusiasm

Just chillin' Sunday night. Here you can see the loft and Franci's BRAND new baby girl.

Riding in the Mule



Some of us went canoeing







With a little editing this could be a funny picture


We got ahead of the group and goofed off while we waited


Most people hiked to a bear cave



On the way back Rocky conked out. He was soooo tired from all the fun he had



I like these next two pics because its unusual for him to just chill but here he is taking a break and watching everyone for a moment



Pushing Otto around the dome



We had a lot of fun at the reunion but we sure missed everyone who couldn't make it



3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you guys are having such a fun summer! I love the pic where Rocky fell asleep on Troy's head and the one where he pounded the nail into his straw, and...ok I like most of them. We should really get together soon, it's been a while since we've seen you all!

Alison and Troy said...

We do need to get together! We want to go swimming again

Camile said...

Oh man! How fun!!! I wish we could have been there! Thanks for the pictures.