So remember how we sold our house, said goodbye to our kitties and got rid of most of our stuff in anticipation for our big move across the country once Troy graduated? (Oh, yes, Troy graduated, but he didn't walk, so there's no pictures. It was kindof anticlimatic so I didn't do a whole post on it, but I was very excited) Well, we did move... all...the way.... to..........Sugar City. We didn't even make it 5 miles out of Rexburg. Why you ask? We were going to do construction for Troy's brother in law (hence the move) BUT Troy got two commissions to do sculptures for people here, and possibly an opportunity to teach art classes. So when it came right down to it the decision was between breaking his body and expanding his portfolio. So here we are. Still here. Still here indeffinately. In limbo waiting for Troy to put his portfolio together and apply for Grad school to see where that takes us.
We found a cozy little two bedroom apartment in Sugar City. It was the most usable spacef or the best price and closest to Troy's work at Ace. We like the apartment ok but not apartment living-we know too much about the neighbors we hardly know. I try not to think that we could have stayed in our trailer for another year with our kitties. I try not to miss our yard and our ward and our third bedroom. What's done is done and we're making an adventure out of it. So here's to a new, hopefully short, chapter of our lives....
4 comments:
Sad that you couldn't stay in your home...but it's exciting that Troy's getting commissions! I hope things go smoothly for you!
Ugh! I totally know the feeling! I HATE living in an apartment, but the nice thing is, when you are ready for the next stage in life you just leave and don't have to worry about selling your home or parting with kitties again. And congested to Troy for graduating and being so talented!
Congrats not congested. Stupid auto correct.
Sometimes I just wish I knew exactly where our lives were headed! But I guess that is part of the journey of life... not always knowing. Then we just need to decide to be happy despite the imperfections - (I'm working on this one).
That's awesome that Troy is getting commissions! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment