Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rocky's First Birthday

Rockwell turned one on tuesday the 31st. It was kind of a crazy week for us so we had a little party on saturday. It was going to be just cake and ice cream with family but because Phillip and his wife were in town visiting from Hawaii we had a bbq with a bunch of friends and then we all (family AND friends) had cake and ice cream. It was crowded in our tiny shack but it was sure fun and we are so glad everyone could make it that did.















The party guests (some of them)
















The cake and the birthday boy. Of all days to lose my camera! These are from my Ipod but you get the idea. His cake (it was my first dealing with fondant and it wasn't too bad, except it was too cold in my house and I had to keep putting it in the microwave to make it malleable)























And the banner (thanks Heidi)






















if I round up some more pictures I'll post them. Now for his one year stats!

Weight: 19.8 lbs 10 percentile

Height: 28.8 in 19 percentile

head circ: 18.1 in 39 percentile

2 comments:

The Hargrave Family said...

Happy Birthday Rockwell! I can't believe it's already been a year since I held him in the hospital! Congratulations to the parents, too. I remember feeling so relieved once Bennett turned one. It was like, "Whew! He's still alive!!" Love you all!

Heather said...

Yea for Rockwell's birthday bash being fun! I love how your turtle cake turned out.