Sunday, September 13, 2009

Introducing: Bandit!


Let me start out with a couple disclaimers. First of all, we don't adopt every stray in our neighborhood. We never adopted Sharona, the kitten that followed Monster around when he was tied up outside. And second of all, we had no intention of adopting a kitten this weekend, or anytime soon for that matter. I just came up the driveway on Saturday and he was hanging out outside the house....

And I went inside and said "Troy, hurry and come look at this kitten, it looks like a racoon!" so he did, and I left Troy trying to communicate with him while I went to get pizza. When I came back the kitten was gone and I was dissapointed. Oh well, we had pizza to eat. So I went inside and found Monster waiting ouside the bathroom. When I opened the door to let him in, this cat jumped out at me! It nearly gave me a heart attack!

He was pretty dirty so we don't think he belongs to anyone (we're not allowed to have outdoor cats in our trailer neighborhood) We'll keep our eye out for flyers, though. It turns out he's very sweet and Monster is pretty cool about it. He treats the new guys like the rest of the family....that is he chases him around the house and pounces on him from behind corners. We're not sure about his name and we'll see if we can handle two cats in our little home.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cool, Monster has a friend that he can torment.