Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good thing that we're not like cars, and parts just fall off.

Well, coming down the Donner Pass over to Sacramento, the road was so torn up that it shook all the bolts on my tires loose until the front one came off. Luckily there weren't any cars to worry about running into as I pulled off onto the shoulder. I didn't have a wrench to tighten the bolts or the bar to raise up my jack. But luckily someone stopped who had what I needed. so I put the tire back on and then tightened all of the other bolts that had come undone. eventually I had to stop one more time to do it again. then right after that the engine got really hot, even though it was really cold outside. And by the time I pulled into the apartments the needle was buried way past red and reaching for high heaven. and then after all of that, I realized that I should have taken a picture of the wheel when it came off and of the road. oh well, but that the story.

2 comments:

Camile said...

Woah!!! We're glad YOU made it there in one piece even if your car didn't!

Good luck this summer Troy - we'll see you in a few months!

Charles said...

Troy,

No good luck huh. Haha

First your Galant and now your Honda. At least it made it there.

That's crazy you had a tire come all the way off and nothing broke.

That's really amazing.