
I thought that we were finally going to get spring in Rexburg. But that was my mistake, it's still march and everyone knows that we will still get snow in april and june and on rare times july. For a little bit the weather was really nice, I'd go to school without a coat. Then my back started to get pains and then my egsima broke out. I just couldn't believe that such nice weather cold get so ugly. but it did, and I was about to change the snow tires.

This is a piece I did for my Book of Mormon mid-term project. My teacher said that we could do an art project if we wanted to, so, no kidding I'd do a sculpture! His father in law is Ed Froughton, the guy who did the sculpture of the guy and girl studying on Ricks campus, the one with the guitar. This piece that I did was after Moroni after all of the Nephites had been destroyed, while he was alone to ensure the completion and preservation of the sacred plates. This will be one of a few moquettes, then I'll do a lager scale and probably call it "The Pursuit", "Flight of The last Nephite", "Flight of Moroni", or just "Flight and Pursuit". I probably should have used references to model the sculpture after. next time I guess.

Here is Pursuit the Lamanite.

As part of Sculpture 380, we do a lot of heads. for this assignment we were to come up with a half sized head and we could use our own references. I've tried doing Transformer heads before and each time was unsuccessful. This time I did a sculpture of a person first and then "transformed" him. I looked at images of Hotrod from the old series and used myself as the model. next time I'd like to do a female Autobot.

Here is Otto the Autobot going through the mold making process. After I put on more layers of silicone and a ridge, i'll cast him in plastic. here with the purple silicone he looks like a decepticon.
1 comment:
This is Lexy, Alison's cousin. I LOVE your sculpute! how awesome that i know someone so talented like that. I love art, but am not a creator of it is solid form.
Post a Comment